Whether you are organizing a charity race for the first time or you’re a race organizing veteran, it is always beneficial to hire a professional race timing company. So many small details need to come together seamlessly for the big day that it’s important to work with a company you can trust. Here’s what you can expect if you choose to partner with SpectaSport for your race day timing services.
Leading Up to Race Day: Prep and Planning
While you’re still in the planning stages of your event, there is a lot of organizing to do. During this phase of your partnership with SpectaSport, we take care of:
- Setting up your registration page
- Organizing deposit of entry feeds,
- Promoting your race in online directories
- Recommending staffing numbers
- Providing a timeline with deadlines, objectives and tips leading up to race day
- Sending you reminders to make sure you’re on track
On Race Day: Timing Services and More
When race day arrives and all of your effort is about to pay off, SpectaSport is on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly. We take care of:
- Providing bibs with disposable timing chips
- Setting up results kiosks
- Setting up finish and starting lines
- Actual race timing
- Providing award results
- Make sure there are redundant backups for anything that can go wrong
- Publishing results online in a timely manner
Plan your 5K with SpectaSport
Recently, we provided race timing services to a well established dog-friendly 5K. We took care of all the things that would normally overwhelm race directors: setting up registration, organizing entry deposit fees, promoting the race on running publication sites, and this was all in addition to ensuring accurate race timing results. That race director wrote:
“In the early years of my race, I hired several other timing companies and had issues with accuracy, dependability, and professionalism. All of these issues–which can cause real headaches for race directors and negatively impact the runner experience–disappeared when I hired SpectaSport. Ken and his staff have consistently delivered accurate timing services, excellent director support, and unmatched value ever since, and I would never hire another company to time my race.”
On top of everything else, SpectaSport provides:
- Two ways for your participants to view immediately their results: online or via kiosk stations.
- Marketing expertise to promote your event to a larger audience.
- A supervisor to help keep the race organizing process on track.
- Accuracy and peace of mind.
At SpectaSport, our motto is that “good enough” is not good enough for your race. Call (610) 306-0574 or fill out our online form to speak with a race timing professional about our 5K race timing equipment packages. We’d love to make your event hassle-free!