For charities and nonprofits, every penny counts. So it’s understandable that when planning a 5K fundraiser, most organizations and donors want to make sure their return on investment is high. The first thing these planners ask is, “How much does it cost to organize a 5K race?”
At SpectaSport, we have an incredibly affordable race timing package designed just for charity organizations. It includes all of the basics that first time race organizers need, plus extras that will make your race feel as professional and well-planned at the bigger races. It’s our most popular package and is perfect for 5Ks under 300 participants.
How Much Does It Cost To Organize a 5K Race?
While every race is different and no one pricing sheet is accurate for everyone, below are some things you can expect to affect the budget of your race.
- Planning team. You’ll need an effective team to plan and organize your race. This could be everyone from a dedicated race director, to volunteer coordinators, race day staff and more. SpectaSport has helped hundreds of first time 5Ks become a success, so our expertise can help you save money in this department.
- Logistics. This category covers all the small things that help a race come together. Fees for using your particular location, port-a-potties, souvenir t-shirts and more. These things add up and it’s important to think about them when you’re asking for sponsorship.
- Race timing. One of the most (if not THE most) important parts of a race: the results! You’ll want a top-notch timing system to accurately capture the results of the race and a way for participants to easily check their results after they’ve crossed the finish line. As you can imagine, this is SpectaSport’s forte. We provide our Charity Star Races with:
- Online registration with direct deposit
- Custom race bibs with embedded chips
- Results kiosks and online results (no app needed!)
SpectaSport’s Pledge: No Surprises On the Invoice
We know the bottom line is important to organizations who are trying to maximize their financial impact for their cause. That’s why we promise to be transparent about our pricing and work with you to ensure you receive everything you need for your race and don’t get pressured into unnecessary purchases. Contact us to learn more about how we can hep you!