RFID race bibs, also known as race bibs containing RFID chips, are used to track the race time of an individual runner. They’re an important part of modern race timing and are easy to use. Here’s how they work:
- The chip embedded in the bib is programmed with the same number of the race bib, so we can be sure we’re tracking the correct runner.
- The race bib is then secured to the runner.
- As the runner passes by the RFID reader (typically embedded in a mat on the ground for small races), the reader clocks the time and corresponding bib number.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right?
But race timing is a little more complicated than handing out race bibs and placing the reader at the finish line. The bib numbers need to correspond with the registrant information, participants need to be able to view their results right away, the timing software must integrate with the RFID reader, and so on.
Why Opt for Professional RFID Race Bibs from a Race Timing Company?
Race timing ends up being a lot of moving parts working together in synchronization. With all that goes on race day, it’s helpful to have some experience with race timing systems so that things are more likely to go smoothly. That’s why most races, even small fundraiser races, choose to get a professional race timer to help.
Here’s why SpectaSport stands out as a great option:
- SpectaSport is affordable for small races. We’ve timed so many races that we have our system down to a science. That means we’ve figured out the best and simplest way to bring you all of the support you need, without any extra frills or charges.
- Our packages are all-inclusive. For packages like the Charity Star Race Timing Package, timing is just the icing on the cake. Races receive an online registration system, disposable chip-embedded bibs, results kiosks for runners to check their time, and a checkered flag for the finish line.
- SpectaSport is more than a timing company. We like to think of ourselves as your partner in putting on an excellent race that brings people back year after year. We’ve learned so much in our years of experience, and we’re happy to pass that knowledge on to our clients.
Reach Out To Learn How We Can Help With Your Race
Whether you’re still in the research phases of your fundraising plan or you’ve already settled on a time and date and just need timing support—we can help! Give us a call at 610-306-0574 to discuss where you’re at and where you’re going.